To perform a timedemo, type timedemo demo1.demo into the console. To get into the console, press Ctrl-Alt-`
#wlug's thoughts on Doom3 requirements
- 9600 Pro (overclocked a bit, 700MHz RAM, 450MHz core), Athlon 2500+, 512MB DDR333. Well playable in 800x600, medium detail, 2xAA, vsync off. Get around 32FPS in timedemo demo1.demo.
- my 9600 seems to play ok.. but its definately the lower end of speed - i get about 30 fps in 800x600 medium
- Mine's well playable (in SP) at 640x480, w/ 2xAA, medium, on a gf4ti4400, 2600+, dualchannel ddr333. Vsync on to reduce tearing, it makes my eyes bleed on the projector. I get an average of 26.1 FPS for the timedemo.
- AMD XP1800+, 512mb DDR, GF 4 MX440 - All Settings to LOW and VSync on. Playable :)
- Initially: AMD Athlon 1200 , 512MB DDR, FX5800 Ultra - Playable at 800x600 "medium" settings.
Now: AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 512MB DDR, GeForce 6800 - Runs great at 800x600, medium detail, 2xAA, vsync off. Got 46FPS on timedemo demo1.demo
- AMD64 3000+, 512MB DDR, Radeon 9600Pro 256MB - 800x600 High Quality, 40FPS for the timedemo.
- AMD64 3400+, 1024MB DDR, Radeon 9600XT 128MB - 800x600 High Quality, 37.5FPS for the timedemo.