Previous meeting: CommitteeMeetingTopics.2009-03-30
CommitteeMeetingTopicsJames?' place 31 Aberfoyle Street. 7:30
- Present: LizQuilty, BruceKingsbury, RodAldridge, JamesPluck, ChrisOHalloran, BryceUtting, JohnBillings
- Accepted (moved: JamesPluck seconded: LizQuilty)
- $1015 Balance
- 3 membership forms submitted
- Server Status
The servers will need to be upgraded to Debian Lenny. Who controls the DNS?
- Upcoming Presentations
Kete, digital archiving Smita Biswas - Rae McCormick? April 27th
To invite speaker/developer and pay some costs
Intro to Linux/Open Office workshops: JohnBillings and BruceKingsbury
Bruce working on OpenOffice training and possibly Intro to Linux later on, John and Liz would offer support
Metacafe as option for uploading evening presentation.
Gives users outside the club the presentation. Links both ways could lead to advertising revenue.
Silverstripe all an option. LizQuilty
Cameras from the Wand group. BryceUtting
General consensus was that an access point would be good
- O'Reilly Books
Promoting books for reviews
- JohnBillings looking to host a show on community radio, focusing on Creative Commons. Initial discussion about wlug sponsorship
Motion to donate $20 to Methodist centre
- Thank you letters
General intention to send thank you letters and a nominal gift ($20) to each presenter.
Janet Leggett Thank you letter. ChrisOHalloran. Donate to 2020
- WlugSurvey recommendation
link to WlugSurvey
- No new business raised.
- Meeting closed at 21:00
Next committee meeting: CommitteeMeetingTopics.2009-05-04