Things to do on the MetaNet
We need this for secure DNS resolution and key distribution
To provide authentication and security over the MetaNet, particularly oppertunistic IPSec requires DNSSEC
Configure IPv6 to run over the MetaNet and perhaps investigate obtaining some (real!) IPv6 addresses from somewhere. (Don't forget to support ICMPv6.)
Things to do with the MetaNet code
- Licensing/CVS tags in all the files
- Init scripts are "complete" for debian.
- Gentoo ebuild/init scripts are written, but need testing
- RedHat ones needed. (AlastairPorter has started this)
- Logging code will currently fail with an assert if an invalid log level is specified in the config file. All the config file options for logging should be sanity checked.
- autoconf(1) support
- Makefile should catch error conditions (eg. Bison / Flex not installed) and notify the user of the problem.
crash from AlastairPorter
tuntap_setup () entered...
Interface is: wan0
Error binding to control socket: Address already in use
Failed to create unix domain socket.
SIOCSIFMTU: No such device
Device "wan0" does not exist.
Cannot find device "wan0"
SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
control connect(): No such file or directory
Didn't write 'GETMAC'/etc/rc.local: line 16: 3966 Segmentation fault \
/usr/local/sbin/wand -i www.meta.net.nz -l 44444
Got this after running a script to: kill Etud, wand; load Etud; bring up wan0; load wand.
Metanet routes were down, but i didn't check to see if Etud, wand were running or not
Running the script again worked fine