A good OpenSource CD ripper for Windows is CDex.
To make it rip to the Boxy Standard for MP3 naming:
ID3 Tag Version: V1 & V2
- Filename Format: "%A - %Y - %2\%7 - %1 - %4" (without the quotes)
- WAV-> MP3: The directory you want the music to end up in
- Recorded Tracks: As above
- Split trackame using split character: Yes "/"
- Playlist Filename: "%A - %Y - %2\%A - %2"
- Type: M3U yes, PLS no
- Ripping Method: Paranoia, Full
- Eject CD: Yes
- Encoder: LAME
- Bitrate min: 128k
- Bitrate max: 320k
- Quality: R3Mix Preset
- On-the-fly encoding: yes
- Output samplerate: 44100
Artist: "The Offspring" should be changed to "Offspring, The" etc
Year: Check the year of the album is correct, this is included in the
Various artists: Artist should be set to "Various Artists", each song name
should be "Actual Artist / Track Name" and CDex will split these up
correctly. Watch this, some people have entered them into CDDB as "Track
Name / Artist", you'll have to swap them.
Soundtracks: As for various artists, but set the Artist to "Soundtrack"