A LogicFamily is a set of parameters that define how two(or more) devices communicate with digital electronics.
Common logic families include:
- TTL - Transistor-Transistor Logic (5V0 / GND with steady state current to drive base)
- LVTTL - Low Voltage TTL (TTL with 3V3 rail)
- CMOS - Complementary Metal on Oxide Semiconductor (TTL with zero steady state draw)
- LVCMOS - Low Voltage CMOS (3V3 volt CMOS)
- LVDS - Low Voltage differential signalling (Differential transmission using a balanced pair and low 0V7 logic highs).