Describe CommitteeMeetingTopics.2008-10-13 here.
Discussion of Software Freedom Day
- A manageable turnout
- USB stick draw worked well.
- Music applications/ setups are popular.
- Presentations format worked well.
- The posters and advertising had created manageable expectations.
- A public figure is a draw card (Nandoor Tanzcos)
- Experienced presenters held audience attention.
- The fliers and promotional materials were excellent.
- News paper recognition.
- EEE PC is popular.
Things we learned
- A resources page/board for those interested in future information.
- The value of having someone welcoming people to the event.
- The value of having the internet available.
- Perhaps a notice board/ white board for any rescheduling issues.
- Perhaps some configuration work could have been done earlier
- Wireless AND wired access is useful to those wishing to hook up laptops. Number one trouble shooting with laptops is wireless issues so wired access is a prerequisite for troubleshooting some issues.
- Have a session demonstrating the OpenDisc (on a windows computer), highlighting the programs on it.
Thing we could do better or ideas for discussion
- Maybe a local ubuntu respository for any install work to avoid hammering the internet connection. (might also save embarrassment when doing how to install)
- Windows machines demonstrating the true cross platform nature of many free software projects
- Demonstrating MythTV showing maturity of application.
Preparation for AGM